Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday

To continue on with my explorations of the state of Arizona. While viewing the Grand Canyon, I started to look around at the trees and plants growing in this area. We took a walk down a path along the rim of the canyon. No, I did not ride a mule down the canyon & we did not hike it! We arrived at that point too late in the day the first day and the second day was so cold! We visited the last weekend in September. Hubs would have loved to, but the it was such a windy day that we decided to forgo that adventure.

Back to the walk, a leisurely one I might add taken with chattering teeth & wind blowing ninety-to-nothing. I'm accustomed to tall, towering majestic trees and that is not what I was seeing. I'm not sure what this plant is called but it was taller than most of the trees. I was completely amazed by it.
























Each state has much to offer & I love exploring or discovering what is unique to the area. Some things may not be unique but they are things that I've not seen in my home state.

Please visit Susan at A Southern Daydreamer to view more Outdoor Wednesday posts.

9 comments:

Maggie said...

So nice to see something other than snow.
Happy OW
Maggie

Hootin Anni said...

Looks very familiar! I miss the landscape from when we lived there for 10 years....but not the summer heat and monsoon season.

Mine is sunshine on my shoulder...a pelican's shoulder that is. come see, mine too is beautiful. At least I think.

SUNSHINE ON MY SHOULDER

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's and exotic looking plant!

Icicles for Outdoor Wednesday, have a nice day!

Light and Voices said...

Lovely image. Looks nice and toasty warm there.
Joyce M

Delightfully Wed said...

Thanks everyone for coming by to visit and for your comments.

I found this plant rather interesting standing against the trees all by itself.

Self Sagacity said...

That's very a unique picture. Great find!

The Muse said...

It is some type of yucca plant, my beloved says!
And he too is with your hubby, pulling for the mule ride! LOL

Delightfully Wed said...

Looks can be deceiving. The sun and blue sky makes it look like it is a beautiful day. Actually, it was very windy and cold! We had on coats the whole time...the wind came up out of the canyon and was blowing something fierce!

Muse - thank the hubs for the plant identification. Yours can come go with mine on the mule trip! Looked at some of the trails through the binoculars...they are very narrow & with the wind whipping I was afraid we would be blown off. lol

SquirrelQueen said...

What a lovely plant, great photo. I'm running a little late my comments this week.
Through Squirrel Eyes